Hello Guys, I found this site when I was doing a search of the internet, looking for people who have the same problem as me. I'm a cutter. Wow, being as how Ive never told anyone, it actually feels quite good to type that, like a weight is taken away.
See, I'm scared. My best friend, who I love dearly, has noticed something is up with me lately, though I doubt she has any suspicions even close to the truth.
I'm class valedictorian, both my parents are together, we aren't losing our house, and I haven't had a terrible break-up in over a year. So why am I cutting? I'm not sure, I can't even remember when I started, I just know that it helps. It helps with the stress, and the pressure, and it takes away some of the emptiness.
But I need help. Several times I've tried to tell my friend, only to have her staring at me with those concerned eyes. Only to chicken out because I just don't want to deal with the judgment, with all of the criticism.
If you have ANY advice, I truly need it. Please, I'm begging right now, help me. I'm terrified, and lonely, and I have no idea what to do...