Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Room mate

Argh! As most of you know I've been home alone all week (and hate being alone) and begging my family in Connecticut to come visit me.
    My room mate (who has been my best friend since I was ten) has been absorbed with her boyfriend. He came to visit a couple weeks ago and I've hardly seen her since he came. Last Sunday she told me she would be going to her mother's for a Memorial Day cook out and then they would visit a friend for a week or so.
    I was hurt to not be invited to her mother's (We used to live at each other's houses as kids so her Mom is like a second mother to me) and I was anxious about being home alone. I've called home every day since she left begging anyone to come see me and pretty much just being alone since I have no friends in Ohio.
    Then today I woke up to hear the phone rining. I was too sleepy and dizzy to get up so I let the machine get it.
    "Hi [room mate's name], I don't know how long you were planning on being in Connecticut but...."
    All this week that bitch has been in Connecticut! I've only seen my family once since Christmas (My Mom and sister for one day and they had t leave because my sister couldn't get out of work) and she didn't even think of inviting me. Connecticut is a small state, wherever she was going in CT my parents wouldn't have had to drive more than two hours (if that much) to get me. All this time I've been begging them to come see me and if she wasn't such a bitch being absorbed in her boyfriend I could've tagged along and saw my folks.
    Now all I wanna do is break her stuff.
    She might be coming back today, the shit is gonna hit the fan. I don't care if her boyfriend is there to witness this, I'm sick of being treated like I don't exist. We've been good friends for a long time bu now I don't even think she's my friend anymore. I didn't do anything to deserve this. I've been a good friend to her and she always said she would never ditch any of her friends for a guy.... f***ing hypocrite. :angry:

Hi there
    I think you need to calm down some. You need to remember you aren't your friends responsibility. I know its hard feeling left out and stuff but she is moving on with her life and you should be happy for her. Maybe try and make some new friends where you are so you don't feel so alone.....

mama
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Courier'>When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    - Franklin D. Roosevelt</span></span></span>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Uhm, it still aint right to completely ditch a friend just because you get a boyfriend. I have nothing against her getting a boyfriend but 'moving on in life' doesn't have to include leaving your friends behind. And she didn't have to be so damned evasive about where she went, she didn't tell me where I was going all week- I had to hear it second hand on an answering machine. She's aware of my anxiety problems and how I hate being home alone so we've always had numbers to contact each other in case of an emergency but since she has her head up her- absorbed with her boyfriend she doesn't give a flying fig.
    As for making friends around here, I've tried but I'm lousy at making friends IRL (Another vent by irself). I was in a writing group but it fell apart and besides bars (I don't drink) I don't have many opertunities to meet people. I am almost housebound here.

Hi LW,
    I'M IN NO WAY STICKING UP FOR YOUR ROOM MATE BUT WHEN YOU'VE GOT A NEW RELATIONSHIP, YOUR HEADS IN THE CLOUDS.
    EVERYTHING REVOLVES AROUND THEM AND NOBODY ELSE GETS A LOOK IN. IT'S NATURAL.
    SAYING THAT, AS YOU'VE BECOME FRIENDS, IT WOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER OF HER TO TALK TO YOU ABOUT WHAT WAS GOING ON, BUT LIFES NOT LIKE THAT.
    IT'S NOT NICE WHEN FRIENDS DO THINGS WE DON'T LIKE.

EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T WANT TO, YOU COULD SUPPORT HER NEW RELATIONSHIP. AFTER ALL, IF IT DOESN'T LAST, SHE'S GOING TO NEED YOU.
    IF SHE KNOWS HOW ANGRY YOU ARE THAT YOU FEEL LET DOWN, SHE MIGHT NOT TURN TO YOU IF IT DOESN'T LAST.
    I WOULD BIT MY TONGUE AND BE THERE WHEN SHE NEEDS YOU.

Angiexxx

More like her head's up in his butt. I have trouble considering her my friend after this I don't even know her anymore.
    I'll try to be civil but I'll be damned if I let this hellish week I've had go unmentioned.

That was great advice there angie
    .....everyones head is in the clouds in a new relationship and she deserves that. That is part of the game of life and relationships. Try not to make her feel bad Lazey..she really didn't do anything wrong that I see....

I do hope you can get some new friends though...and maybe get a man too...then your head will be in the clouds too..

lots of love
    mama
    <span style='color:red'><span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'><span style='font-family:Courier'>When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.
    - Franklin D. Roosevelt</span></span></span>

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

What the hell is the point of this vent topic? To piss me off worse?

She gave me like a few hours notice that she'd be leaving with him (Cripes, this is a friggin' phobics forum, doesn't anyone else understand what a hell it is to be afraid of being home alone?! No one claims to be on my room mate's side but is anyone on mine?) knowing perfectly well that I hate being alone. This was not a spur of the moment romantic getaway, she had told the guy who interviewed her days before that she would be going to CT but didn't tell me jackshit. She had been planning on going for days yet only told me shortly before she left.

I'm not suicidal but I'd rather shoot myself than befome a hypocritical bitch like she's become over a guy.

HI LAZEYWINDE
    OK YOU WANT TO GET THIS OFF YOUR CHEST HERES WHAT YOU DO TAKE HER OOTSIDE AND GI HER THIS
    OK THEN U DO THIS

THEN JUST SO THAT ALL YOUR ANGER AND FRUSTRATION GOES TELL HER TO
    PMSL

LOVE DINO OH IM A COW LOL

LOL, thanks Dino.

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>Amended/added vent:</span>
    Now I feel guilty. My room mate came back today. I asked her why she didn't tell me where she was going and she was like "Didn't I?"
    I'm all fuming "No you never told me you went to Connecticut."
    "I didn't go to Connecticut. I went to Mississippi. I wouldn't do that to you!. You think that because of what [insert caller's name] said? That idiot thinks i only have friends in CT."
    I actually thought she was lying at first, but she had brochures from Mississippi and piles of evidence.
    I'm still a bit messed up from being alone all this time but I feel more like a jerk for cursing her all this time.