Welcome to the Phobics Awareness Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Does it seem like lately a bunch of loonies have been coming into the room? I mean, I know I'm not completely sane, but fuck, give me a break already! I am so sick of people cramming their religious crap down my throat...or a "cureall" book...or by telling me that medication isn't going to help? ARE YOU A DOCTOR? NO. You're not. You're just a psycho who wants to babble on and make other people leave chat. And to post websites in chat without prior approval? Clearly against chat room rules. Do I cuss? Yes. Unfortunately, that's the way I talk. Is it censored? Yes, it is for the most part. Do I go a bit overboard on occasion? Yeah. But if I ever feel, or someone expresses to me that it is offending them, I shut up or I leave. Part of this chat is to be understanding. I'm sure most of you can vouch for me when I say I care about the people in chat and do everything in my power to help out any way I can. Yeah, I mess around sometimes, but most of us need a good laugh every now and again. If someone doesn't like it, I stop. End of story. But when some psycho comes in and clearly starts chastising the way people are getting treatment for their issues and I stand up for those people, is that wrong? I mean really? Is it wrong? I would hope that someone would say what needed to be said if someone were cramming shit down my throat that I wasn't interested in. And if not, I guess I'm not in the right place. But I think I am.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaB
    Does it seem like lately a bunch of loonies have been coming into the room? I mean, I know I'm not completely sane, but fuck, give me a break already! I am so sick of people cramming their religious crap down my throat...or a "cureall" book...or by telling me that medication isn't going to help? ARE YOU A DOCTOR? NO. You're not. You're just a psycho who wants to babble on and make other people leave chat. And to post websites in chat without prior approval? Clearly against chat room rules. Do I cuss? Yes. Unfortunately, that's the way I talk. Is it censored? Yes, it is for the most part. Do I go a bit overboard on occasion? Yeah. But if I ever feel, or someone expresses to me that it is offending them, I shut up or I leave. Part of this chat is to be understanding. I'm sure most of you can vouch for me when I say I care about the people in chat and do everything in my power to help out any way I can. Yeah, I mess around sometimes, but most of us need a good laugh every now and again. If someone doesn't like it, I stop. End of story. But when some psycho comes in and clearly starts chastising the way people are getting treatment for their issues and I stand up for those people, is that wrong? I mean really? Is it wrong? I would hope that someone would say what needed to be said if someone were cramming shit down my throat that I wasn't interested in. And if not, I guess I'm not in the right place. But I think I am.
    Andrea

got no clue on what got u pissed off, but as many i say this, got to relize we all don't think the same, i show high respect for all.i try to keep my opinion to my self.
    but you got to relize the loonies you are talking on, are ppl with issues
    to them they see it normall, don't know who your on at but again it's an ANXITEY/ Depression site, Mentall health, hope this helps you over look the loonies
    your talking on, good luck

cheer

Andrea i completely realsie what you mean the past weeek has been totally nuts with mean nasty annoying people. Im sorry it really affects you hun i try to just ignore it but dont get me wong i wanna scream sometimes.

andrea i enjoy seeing you in chat and having a laugh aswell. so please keep chatting

love
    Jenx

OK Andrea,

First off, I'm not really sure what or whom exactly your getting at, but you do realize this is a room for people with issues as cheer mentioned. Yes some people might come on stronger than others, but if you don't care to hear it then use the ignore button and you won't have to. If it does continue to be a big problem for you then pm dolphin or jk and tell them the situation even if they are set to away or busy.

As far as someone talking to you about religion, everytime i've been in there it has been stated that they can not talk about that in main chat and must take it to pm and no on has had a problem with that. As far as posting links without prior approval, well yea some people do it and are jerks about it but that again is for the ops to take care of. And as far as a cure all book, maybe people are really just trying to be helpful, maybe they really found a book helpful and are trying to help you out and maybe you need to open your mind up a little bit, maybe it's not always how you think it is. Maybe you need to think twice before you react. Remember this is a room for people to get help. I do know there has been people in there that have caused some issues and they have been dealt with. So as far as i'm concerned it's done now.

In my opinion if you dont like what's going on in chat say so at the time in a nice way and if they don't get off it, then get a hold of an op. Now with yourself you do have a very strong personality and have you ever thought that maybe the way you talk in there upsets people? but maybe because of how they feel and what they deal with and what not, they wouldn't dare tell you to be quiet or not talk about something, maybe because they are new, or maybe because they just are not sure of themselves enough. Now i'm not sayiing that that is the case, but i'm just giving you something to think about.......

If this happens in chat room - Pm dolphin or Jk, if thier not in then Pm and Op, either Anna, Jenni, Don1 or myself, failing all that tell the person to go to the forum and read the chat room rules,tell them that religion is not allowed to be discussed in chat, easy, simple as that, and as blue stated you can right click the persons name and click ignore!!

Caroline

Quote Originally Posted by AndreaB

Andreab, this chat room is for people that need support like you said, and this in my opinion is the most friendly and warm chat room on the web that ive found. but please don't refer to people as phyco's or loonies or anything like that as this room is used mostly by people who are really nice and do have problems and are seeking help and support, like me and yourself and others.

Some people do make mistakes but like blue said, there is an option to put people on ignore and then you wont see there chat. then jk or dolphin will sort it out if it is something that is going to far.

One more thing, if you do get that angry in chat because someone is telling you stuff that you don't want to here, please don't react to it in chat, rise above it , because if you get upset and get angry and direct comments to people in chat then it makes the rest of the room uneasy,
    i say that cause when i came in chat yesterday i didn't like the atmosphere so i logged off as i don't like confrontation that much and i know there is a lot of others here that don't either, also yesterday there was several newbbee's in the room that said hello in the middle of a spat between you and someone else, and when i entered the room in the middle of this, i noticed her saying hi im new, so i dropped everything and said welcome and 'I' welcomed her and apologised to her saying it is not normally like this as i felt poor her to come into a room, that is in the midlle of confrontation, and above all other rules i believe is to welcome newbee's and make sure there are ok as people are coming here to get help with there problems, so you got to remember to conduct yourself as you would expect others to act.

All i know is that everybody makes mistakes sometimes, i did a while back by my attitude i apologized to everyone and now making sure that i respect all in the room and consider that everyone in here has come here for a reason, sometimes you get the off person thats not very nice, (thats what the ignore button is for) but on the most this is a fantastic room, so please remember try not to react to some people and if you have been really offended tell jk or dolphin

all the best your friend rob , this isn't a dig so don't take it as one, just you got to see it from all points of view, especially the newbee's

I don't even know what to say at this point. I really don't. I think at this point I'm actually beyond pissed which until this point, I didn't really know existed. First off, when I say loonie/psycho its not directed to the people who actually have problems and you all should know that by now. It is directed to the people who come in the room purposely trying to push an agenda and purposely piss people off. The people that are coming in that I talking about say they don't have any issues- that they've been cured. If I piss people off, I'm sorry for that. I'm an understanding person and anyone who knows me, which apparently no one here does, would know that. If new people came in and I didn't say hi and engage them in conversation, for that I am sorry. I know I'm not the only one who has failed to see someone come in chat before, but I'm not going to play the blame game on this one. If we all want to think I'm the only one who has ever done it, by all means let me play the role of the scapegoat. I don't come in here drunk. I don't come in here high. I come in here as me. If you don't like me, that's fine. Maybe I'm not welcome here and that's fine too. And if that's the case, I won't overstay my welcome. Now let me ask this: If someone PMs me, have I ever EVER turned them away? No, I have not. And you can ask numerous people- if they want help and need help, I try to find them help in their area. I go out of my way to find a place near them that may be able to help. I make sure that their insurance plan will accept it, or if they don't have insurance that the provider offers some kind of plan for them. I find names, phone numbers, addresses, websites and email addresses for anyone that wants them. I know everyone tries to help and I'm trying to show that I do as well. I don't come on here to argue. I do enough of that in my own personal life. I come in here to get away from that. As far as my strong personality is concerned, yeah, not everyone is going to like me and I'm okay with that. Hell, feel free to tell me you don't like me- you're entitled to your opinion. Just don't do it in a passive aggressive way- be upfront about it. I think I have a pretty good idea at this point who likes me and who doesn't. And if I am mistaken, feel free to let it be known. I can handle people not liking me.

:P Hello andrea hun, aww im so sorry that you feel that way about chat. But I thought this area of the forum is to rant???? right???? so why are people all over your shit for doing so. If you are going to be affended in anyways by the rants that people write than dont read them plain and simple,,, there is this space on the website for a reason. People cannot feel free to rant in chat so they have this special little place in here for people to go off fucking in it...get it...its not that you have a strong personality or people dont like how you are in chat..in my opionion it is some of the people in chat that really dont understand everyone and never will until they walk a day in there shoes.... I love ya girl and if you want to rant than fucking to do and who gives a FUCK WHAT ANYONE SAYS THAT IS WHAT THIS SECTION IS FOR OR AM I MISTAKEN AGAIN...SORRY ALL MY BAD AGAIN.....LOL LOTS OF LOVE....LISABETH :blink: :huh: :angry:

Lisabeth,
    It's all good. They're entitled to their opinions just as I am entitled to mine. Or at least I thought I was. Maybe I'm not. I suppose chat/forum will become a place where I put my guard, my facade up just like I had to do in public irl every day. It just makes it sound like I go off on everyone in the room- that I constantly am arguing with people. I have only every argued with one person albeit twice that we have argued. One person. Why? Because they push an agenda and don't "not interested" as an answer and keep cramming their crap down people's throats. As far as an ignore button, apparently mine does not work. I must have hit that damn ignore button 30 fucking times yesterday to no avail. I don't "attack" people for the hell of it. And if I do argue with someone, it's not going to be in a passive aggressive way. I think that's ridiculous. If I am going to argue, it is going to be to that person in a direct manner- that way there are no "mixed signals", no doubt. I want them to see the cards I'm dealing, just as I hope people would do the same with me. Not try to do some backstabbing move on me (ie. being passive aggressive). You have a problem with me? Say it. And don't do it in a roundabout way. Be man/woman enough to be honest and upfront about it. I'm sorry Lisabeth. This isn't directed to you hon. lol I swear it's not. I was just going to tell you not to worry about it. I'll just keep my opinions/feelings to myself from now on because that seems to be the "right" thing to do. I adore you Lisabeth and I hope you know that. This "part III" of my rant isn't directed to you- I got off on a tangent lol Anyhow, I did want to say thank you to you and Jenanne and Angel and anyone else who has the guts to say what needs to be said in a straightforward manner.

And Jenanne, thank you hon.

Oks bottom line is is its a chat room for Phobics cut out all the do you like me do you like me not!! Sadly for the few ppl that are moaning on and on its going to end up with the chat room being shut down do we want this? NOOOOOOOOO.. Oks know this is rants n raves but to be honest its become a pathetic debate and as dino said she was ready to walk which is very sad as she has been a regular here for over 3 yrs.. Dino dont even think about it!!

So chat nicely and anyone who is being a pain use the click and ignore simple!!

Caroline